Aug 11, 2009

It's ALL in our minds



Wow, I just had a powerful experience!!
I was listening to a fear of flying cd, as I want to review all types of literature and props out there to help us cope with our fear of flying.

As I write on my web page, I have managed to control my fear of flying PER SE, meaning, I am still afraid, but I do travel.

Back to the CD. It was mostly about visualization and affirmations etc (I will write about it on my site later on this week).
I was listening to it while driving (bad BAD girl!!) and was able to stay detached from all the stressing descriptions of arriving to the airport etc etc….At some point he started to meticulously describe the roar of those huge engines and those first few seconds when heavy metal machine(358,000 pounds when empty….) lifts itself up in the air…....

I cant begin to describe how I felt…it was that feeling of terror all over again! But I was driving in my car in the midst of my home town, people roaming the streets, lots of stores, cars, buses, trees!!! I was not up in the air, yet I was panicky as if I actually was!!! (at least when I fly, the destination awaits on the other side, making it worth the effort….going through the experience of a panic attack with no benefits at the end…that’s no fun….)

This of course means only one thing – All this FEAR is in our MINDS.

If I just turned it ON, I should be able to turn it OFF.

Interesting realization….I need to see what I am going to do about it….

Have a panic free day!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment